Search This Blog

Monday 2 January 2012

2012 - Happy New Year

Hi Everybody

Happy New year and all the best for 2012!!! A new year of great possibilities

My new quote for the year is:

"What you are is what you have been. What you will be is what you do now." Buddha

I have been thinking very hard about where I want to go in my textile work - whether I want to write more, exhibit, teach more classes (outside of Marden Senior College where I am a full time teacher in creative art  textiles) or what .... so I have not been blogging for a while. I have made some decisions about what I want to do with my future and will share with you them later. Of course teaching will always be the biggest part of what I do but I want to be better, more prepared  and more efficient. So I have been planning, pondering, thinking and jotting things down so that is why the blog has taken a back seat at the moment.
And of course  Xmas and New Year with family has had a part to do with that too.

And it has been HOT - up to 42C

I am back from a 'vacation' from my blog -  I have been working very hard on new pieces of work for our SALT (South Australian Luscious Textiles) exhibition group - this is a group of five textile artists from South Australia who have come together to challenge ourselves by to preparing work for an exhibition. We are a very devise group with very different styles of working with which has been and is exciting. We will let you know when and where we will exhibit when we get things finalised. We now have a body of work together as we have been working all 2011 on 4 pieces each.
We cannot share the work with you yet but I am working every day on my art.




No comments:

Post a Comment