Search This Blog

Saturday 2 March 2013

Marden Senior Collage Murals

Marden Senior College is where I work as a Visual Art Educator here in Adelaide, South Australia.

I initiated, wrote and now teach the Certificate Course in TEXTILES - my passion and the students are fabulous, keen and range between 16 and 72 years of age - what a pleasure to go to work! I am SO lucky!!! The students always inspire me too - hope I do the same for them.

A few years ago I organised an "Artist in School"  program and we had the pleasure of working with Wendy Muir who is a fabulous painting artist from South Australia.
We worked on designing 3 large murals for the canteen area - on the theme of food (of course) suitable for the venue in which they were to hang. These murals are in acrylic paint.

So why have I only now decided to share these with you? Well we have just had the canteen painted and new furniture added - and now the murals have a new life - they stand out so well against the "red" painted walls and the furniture is so "in tune" with the students we have - young (and older) adults.
This refurnishment is due to our Principal Brenda Harris' vision and what a difference has it made to the area to sit and enjoy your break and the food - so enjoy the photos below of the murals.

Students designs for the murals on paper - paint and collage

More designs for the murals

Mural 2 - size aprox. 1.2m X 2m

Mural 3 - 2.4m X 1.2m

Mural 1 - 2.4m X 1.2

The 3 murals in the canteen - aren't they great against the "red" wall????
I love them
What great textiles would they make?
ENJOY

Love to get your feedback about these great murals

No comments:

Post a Comment